Applying for a Camp scholarship
For every Camp event, 10% of registrations are allocated as scholarships to individuals who feel strongly drawn to Camp Souldust, but are unable to afford attending due to life circumstances. In addition to being funded by Souldust, these scholarships are sometimes also supported by the generosity of other campers in the Souldust community, as well as partners and sponsors.
A few things of note:
- Scholarship applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Award notifications typically go out 6-8 weeks prior to the event.
- To apply, please fill out one application per person/email.
- Applications must be submitted by the applicant unless you are an alumni referring someone to be a camper.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age to attend Camp Souldust.
- We encourage applicants with marginalized identities to apply!
- Scholarships are non-transferable to another person or another event.
- Scholarships are partial or full, and for Camp registration only. No other expenses are covered.
- Please consider carefully whether you “cannot otherwise afford attending.” In other words, consider if you truly have hardship or you have chosen to spend your dollars elsewhere (“elsewhere” example = travel, not rent and groceries).
- Please be sure you’ll be able to attend if you apply!
Below are the deadlines and capacity for current scholarships
- February 2019 – Compassion Camp (Bainbridge Island, WA). Up to 12 spots open. Application does not have a fixed closing date, scholarships will be distributed on a rolling basis until we run out (i.e. apply sooner than later).
- April 2019 – Camp Souldust (Longbranch, WA). Up to 12 spots open. Application closes February 1, 2019.